PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR Exelnow.com
The purpose of this Privacy Statement
Exel Composites is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data. Exel Composites processes your personal data in accordance with the EU Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR), the Finnish Personal Data Act (523/1999) and other applicable personal data legislation.
This general Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) related to the Exelnow.com webstore, available at www.exelnow.com, (“exelnow.com”) provides you with general information on the processing of your personal data by Exel Composites and its employees, partners, subsidiaries and affiliates related to this webstore. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully. We may do updates to this Privacy Statement from time to time associated with development of our business operations or changes in applicable laws. The updated Privacy Statement can be found from the webstore website at www.exelnow.com, so we ask you to visit this page from time to time.
In the following, we provide information about what personal data we collect, the purposes for which we use such data and what rights you have relating to your personal data.
Data controller and contact information
Exel Composites NV (VAT number: BE0862.803.617 RPR Oudenaarde)
Oudenaarde, Industriepark De Bruwaan 2
Exelnow.com has been developed using Magento software. The data processors for this service are:
Cloud Center Finland Oy (Business ID: 1740275-1)
Tel. +358 (0) 207 545 430
Avenla Oy (Business ID: 1977106-7)
Askonkatu 4, 7krs.
Tel. +358 (0) 600 411 340
Name of register
Exel Composites Store Oy Customer Register, Newsletter Register and Contact Register
Sources of personal data
- Customer Register: The personal data we collect about you is data you have voluntarily provided when you register as a customer to Exelnow.com and create an account to make an order, or when you contact us about or order Exelnow.com products and services.
- Newsletter Register: The personal data we collect about you is data you have voluntarily provided when you subscribe to Newsletter.
- Contact Register: The personal data we collect about you is data you have voluntarily provided when you contact us with an inquiry through Exelnow.com.
Purpose and basis for processing personal data
We collect, store and process your personal data only for predefined purposes and based on your consent through registration, subscriptions and contact inquires made via Exelnow.com. The main purposes for processing personal data are:
- To fulfill our contractual obligations and provide you the products or services you have ordered via Exelnow.com.
- Development Exelnow.com we use personal data to develop and improve our webstore and to better target our products and services to meet your needs.
- Customer support and responding your inquiries: we can use your contact information, device details and usage data to provide you with support services, facilitate warranty repairs and to contact you in specific situations related to your order, for example.
- Marketing and communication: provided you have given us your consent through subscription, we use your contact information to send you information about our products and services and to let you know about new developments related to our products.
We make sure that we always have a legal basis to process your personal data.
Information content of register
We collect the following types of data from you when you use Exelnow.com.
- First and last name, e-mail address, phone number, address (in some cases IP address), date of birth.
- Company information.
- Purchase history, payment history, shopping cart history, any user-specific settings, such as your preferred language.
Your data is stored on our own servers or on servers provided by our service providers, which are secured according to general industry standards and practices. We ensure that any hosting provider we use commits to using both software-based security measures (including, but not limited to, firewalls and SSL communications where appropriate) and physical security measures such as controlled access to server facilities. We consider and keep your personal data confidential and do not disclose them to anyone else than those Exel Composites employees who need it for their work or data processors based on a contract with them. Personal data has been protected in accordance to the GDPR directive and applicable personal data legislation.
Retention period of personal data
We will not store your personal data for longer period than is necessary for its purpose or required by contract or law. The storage times for personal data may vary based on its purpose and the situation. Data files that are no longer necessary are deleted or made anonymous.
You may at any time contact Exel Composites to check that the personal data related to you is accurate. Exel Composites will at the data subjects’ confirmed request rectify or erase any incomplete, inaccurate or outdated personal data. Such requests can be sent via email to email@example.com or per traditional mail to Exelnow.com; Exel Composites NV Oudenaarde, Industriepark De Bruwaan 2; 9700 Belgium with the reference “Personal data inquiry”.
As processing of your personal data is necessary for us to be able to provide you with our services and products, please note that revoking your consent to store and process your personal data may lead to a situation where we cannot provide you with some or all of our services and products.
Transfer of personal data
Primarily your personal data is processed by people within our own organization. Some of the personal data may be accessible and processed by Exel Composites’ subsidiaries, subcontractors and other service providers, such as hosting providers. In these situations, we make sure with contracts and otherwise that the confidentiality of your personal data is secured and data is otherwise processed lawfully. We may also disclose information to fulfill our other contractual or legal obligations or when a legal authority requires a disclosure. We may also disclose your personal data if we are a party of a business sale, such as a merger or an acquisition.
In situations where personal data is transferred to any third parties or outside of EU/EEA countries, or if due to technical and practical requirements data is processed outside the EU/EEA countries, Exel Composites ensures that sufficient level of data protection and confidentiality requirements are maintained through appropriate safety measures.
Please note that we may include third party services (“Third Party Services and Data Processors”) on our devices or in the Exelnow.com software (such as Paypal and Paytrail). Such Third Party Services may collect personal data from you in accordance with their own privacy policies. You will be presented with these privacy policies before you start using Third Party Services so that you can make an informed decision about whether you can accept their processing of your personal data.